Our Joey & Oreo HEAL (JOH) Grants and financial assistance programs operate under our ♥Humanity♥ mission where we help address human issues underlying canine suffering and homelessness. We provide financial assistance to owners of dogs requiring veterinary care, so pets and families can stay together. Please see instructions below to apply for funding.
Applying for Financial Assistance
JOH Grantscovers most categories of veterinary treatment for dogs, EXCEPT:
1. Routine health care (annual exams, vaccinations, parasite control, dental, etc.)
We will consider most requests for needed medical care for dogs. We cover surgeries and treatment for broken leg, intestinal obstruction, chronic conditions, cancer treatment, heart disease, endocrine diseases, eye diseases, end-of-life vet recommended euthanasia etc.
Please note ALL PAYMENTS WILL BE MADE DIRECTLY TO THE TREATING VETERINARY FACILITY.
1. A brief description of your dog’s medical needs;
2. A financial estimate of the treatment required from your veterinarian;
3. Proof of financial need, (i.e., unemployment, insufficient income to pay for treatment, other emergency circumstances, etc.). such as copy of your latest tax return, pay stub, SSI Disability, Medicaid, etc.; and,
4. Phone number where you can be reached.
Immediately after, your email will be reviewed and possible financial assistance recipients will be asked to complete our application. We regret it is not possible to fund every request submitted, as we receive several on a daily basis and typically have a waitlist. We thank you for caring for your four-legged best friends.♥